Saturday, March 11, 2017

Damned Good Food - Slow-Cooker Meatball Soup

I tried this a few weeks ago and the family raved about it.  Technically, I'm supposed to be doing the whole low-meat diet, but this allowed the family to eat meat and I could easily limit the amount I ate and stick to more beans.

Now that winter has tried to resurface here and I'm under deadline (aka no time to cook), I'll be making a pot of this tomorrow so we don't have to worry about cooking.

It's super easy and super tasty, too.




Slow Cooker Meatball Soup



1 bag (16 oz) frozen cooked Italian meatballs, frozen

2 cups beef broth

1 cup water

2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained

2 cans (19 oz) cannellini beans, drained

1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions

In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except cheese.

Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.

Garnish individual servings with cheese.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...