Friday, October 17, 2014

To Dub Con or to Not Dub Con... (NSFW)

 
One of my greatest pleasures is writing dubcon -- or dubious consent.  It's a murky gray area that many of the Amazon police call rape.

I disagree. 

To a point.

Have I seen dubcon go wrong and become rapey?  YES.  I've even went wrong in one of my stories and had Amazon pull books because the line was too close.  It's where the muse led me and I went there.  Looking back, I should've pulled back a little in those two titles and I fully admit that now.

Consent is a fine line, and I think there are merits to forced seduction. 

No means NO.  I get that.  Totally. 

But this is fiction.  Erotic fiction.  And exploring a FICTIONAL CHARECTER having their limits pushed, roughly, when they fight against the push is quite simply hot.

Would I force myself on a man who said no?  No.  Would I condone any of my readers doing the same thing?  No.  If he (or she) says no, then it's a no. PERIOD.

But what if a man says he's straight, yet his body responds to another man's caress?  He quickly pulls away and says he's not gay and loves women, yet his cock is hard, tenting his pants?

There's no way my alpha male heroes would walk away from that.

They'd push.  Get more reaction.  Make that straight boy come so hard he didn't know what hit him.  Maybe throw in some bondage action so the hero can make him come again and again and blow his everloving mind.

Forced seduction is hot.  Dubcon, when done right, can be hot.

And let's get to the main point here -- as long as we're all consenting adults, we should be able to read whatever the fuck we want to read. 

You don't see the Amazon police pulling books about serial killers because it might give budding serial killers ideas.

If dubcon isn't your cup of tea -- don't buy it.  We are a free country.  Let's stop the Amazon policing of books and censorship of authors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...